Friday, June 26, 2009

Happy Anniversary!





Today was our fifth wedding anniversary. What do you think of when you think anniversary celebration in St. Louis? The City Museum, of course! Well, I was actually thinking we would drag our little ones to a nice restaurant (one that actually had food for adult tastes). But, Clayton suggested the City Museum and I eventually agreed because we are a family now and we could ALL have a good time.

Though we had a great time, this photo of Colin and Clayton looks like Colin wants to go home. In fact, this was taken right after a STERN talking to about running away from your parents in a crazy public place with lots of strangers. So, then he was made to pose for this photo. Poor guy!




Here is his real mood for the remainder of the time there. This was taken in the ball pit in the toddler section with Clayton. Audrey and I spent this time building block towers and knocking them down repeatedly.

I'm not sure when the rooftop became open, but we paid the extra money to see the top of the City Museum. This is a picture taken there while Audrey and I get a nice sprinkle of water as we cross the "stepping stones". Audrey LOVED this part! Clayton let Colin go down the slide in the background and he bumped the side of his face pretty bad. Clayton felt bad the rest of the evening because of Colin's red cresent near his left eye. Colin will be just fine, though, and already is.



We did have a very nice anniversary together. Clayton had to go back to work tonight, but he had the last three nights off so I can't complain too much.

On another note, about Clayton's job, we went out last night to the Fenton City Hall where he recieved an award for Officer of the Quarter. It was presented in front of the city council. He is the first to receive this award - ever. His superiors really like him, respect him, and know he is a very hard worker who loves his job. He was given a gift card and a key chain with his number on it. I'd love to say that Colin and Audrey sat/stood proudly as they watched their father receive this wonderful honor. But, to my own horror, I have to admit that Colin crawled around under and on the chairs while Audrey made complaining noises and wanted to eat everything in the diaper bag. What can you expect with little ones who are an hour past their bedtimes!? I know they are proud of him. On the way home, Colin made us laugh even after his unwanted antics at the city hall. I asked him what he would like to be when he is older and I listed off teacher, police officer, doctor, etc. He interrupted me to say, "I want to be me! And, that's all!" His delivery of these words was much better and I can't replicate it through the computer, but it was hilarious. After we laughed at him, he kept asking us to ask him what he wanted to be so he could say the same thing again and again! He is our funny little monster.














No comments: