Tuesday, December 22, 2009

It's a BABY!!!

I went to have my ultrasound this morning. It took a very long time because the baby was being onery and the tech. couldn't get a good picture of his/her heart. She finally did get the picture she wanted and everything looks fine - brain, heart, all ten fingers and toes, lots of baby movement, etc. She saved the gender for last so that she wouldn't slip and tell me. I thought about looking, but closed my eyes the entire time she looked down there. She took a picture for Clayton (two in fact) and put them in a card that I had prepared and sealed it up in its envelope. He'll open it on Christmas Day (probably on his way to work at 5:30 in the morning). Then, we'll see how well he can keep a secret.
Here are two pictures from the ultrasound. They are both upside down, but that doesn't seem to matter with these! The top is of the baby's feet - you can see the tiny toes to the right. The bottom is a side view. To the left is the head. In the middle is the chest (the black spots are the heart). No gender pictures. But, I think this is a baby boy because the heart beat was below 140 (138) and I just have a feeling. Time will tell. I'm just happy that there is not much of a chance for Down Syndrome and the baby looks healthy to the doctors.

1 comment:

Elizabeth Frick said...

Yay Kerri!!! So exciting.