Sunday, April 18, 2010

Spring!

Before I begin, let me say that I forgot that when I upload photos, they go in the reverse of what you think. So, all the photos below are in reverse chronological order.
It has been a long time since I updated our blog. Lots has happened, we have all grown, and are loving this spring weather! We took the children out to the Arch grounds yesterday and loved just frolicing in the green grass under the Arch. Clayton took some fun Arch photos that you see below. In addition, last night we ate outside in the yard and Clayton took a short video of Colin and Audrey (with a special glimpse of pregnant Kerri) doing what they do best. It is worth watching if you have a minute - literally.
Last weekend, Dad came down with his wife, Brenda, to help us put in a small garden. He was scheduled for his double bypass heart surgery Monday (and is recovering and doing well at home now). When I asked him not to come and help, he insisted saying, "I'm really looking forward to planting with Colin and Audrey." He had this certainty to his voice and I just couldn't resist. We didn't let him do any lifting or work other than planting seeds and racking a little dirt. Though everyone was positive and the surgery sounded fairly routine, I kept feeling like this was the last time I could spend with my dad. I looked at Colin and Audrey enjoying him (they REALLY do adore him - Colin most of all) and felt so pained at the idea that they might not get to know him beyond that day. So, the following photos of them together are, and probably will always be, very special to me. I'm so happy to hear that he will likely make a full recovery and be better than ever. I really want the bond he has with them to grow. I know how much they mean to him, too. But, I also want him to know how much he means to me. It was only recently (since Chad's death) that I really got to know him and have a good relationship with him. Hopefully, this surgery will lengthen his life a great deal. I love you, Dad.
























See if you can see when she loses the fork in the grass...

1 comment:

Elizabeth Frick said...

Wonderful photos!!! And the video of the kids is so cute :)
I'm so glad to hear your dad is doing well post-op. Even when things are routine, they can be very scary for all of us.