Saturday, October 3, 2009

Fancy Chef

I just wanted to share a story and some cute photos from today. I have been pretty tired the last few weeks (even before the cool weather came our way). So, when an opportunity came to lay my head down for a few minutes, I took it! Audrey had just woke up from a three hour nap and Colin had encouraged her to play with him. I have kept the last two boxes that her diapers came in and he turned them into "boats" this morning. Flashback to this morning..."Mommy, look at our boats!" "Wow, Colin. Where are you going?" "We're going to....Jamaica!" "What do you know about Jamaica?" "It is warm there and there are sharks in the ocean." Seriously, what three year old knows such things? I LOVE his school and the children he is surrounded by.
Anyway, flashforward to this afternoon. So they were playing in the "boats" and I was laying down in another room close by. Colin was playing so well with Audrey and telling her to watch out because sharks might get her. It got very quiet for a few minutes and then he started saying something about animals. He had gone to get lots of stuffed animals to put in the boxes to make the play more creative, and comfy! I only knew this from listening because I couldn't hear them. I tuned out to what they were saying for a little while, but then I heard Colin say, "watch out the monsters are coming up the stairs!" Audrey didn't say anything. Then, Colin said,"you know Mommy is really a monster, don't you!? She really is." Then he went on to play with her and that was that. I just thought that was funny.
Later, we went to Target and I bought some dress up clothes for Audrey's school. I couldn't help dressing her up in them before giving them away. She is a pretty fancy chef! The feathers would just get in the way.





No comments: