Saturday, October 24, 2009

Surprises.

We are loving our new yard and fence, but are very sad that winter came so early. We still get out as much as possible, but we'll just have to wait until spring comes to fully enjoy it. Clayton surprised me the other day by giving me permission to use the back part of our yard as a small garden. Actually, he gave me a larger spot than I even wanted! Who is this man? So, I'll have a fun time gardening this spring, if I can get around because....

Well, just when you didn't think we had any surprises this year...our little baby surprised lots of family and friends. I am very happy about it and, though we planned it, still a little stunned. We were going to wait until next year, but something started nagging me in my mind. "Your 35, it said. If you wait, you'll be 37 when you have your third child and you won't have your body fully back until 38." It also said, "wouldn't it be so nice to have your family established and there won't be any large adjustments for a while after a new baby?" I also worried, though, that I wouldn't get to enjoy Audrey as much because a new baby would take over my time. So, I asked Clayton what he thought and he was happy with the idea that we could have our little family complete. So, we tried with the idea that if it didn't happen right way, we would wait so that the baby wouldn't be too young before I went back to work. He/She has great timing! I thought I was due May 25th, but I was a week later than I thought. So it looks more like June 1st. I hope the baby is born a little early this time so we can have a May baby. And, it wouldn't be terrible if I had to miss the last couple of days of school. I haven't told the head or principle of our school, yet. So if you know them, keep this under your hat for a while longer.

So here is a little look at our little surprise.

No comments: