Thursday, October 1, 2009

Weekend of work.

This is the last blog about the yard - I promise!! This past weekend my dad came down to bring us pumpkins and some cut cornstalks for decorations. We decided to go ahead and ask him to build our fence because our yard was complete. So, despite the off and on rain on Saturday, it is finished. Well, Clayton just has to attach the handle to the large gate and it will be done. He is also repairing the deck and will then give it a nice coat of new paint. We both decided that, after our beautiful brickwork was finished, it didn't look very nice. We did take the grill down and clean it off. This makes it look much nicer and it is roomy. So, enjoy these new photos. This was the set up on the drive pad. They had to "dog ear" each board before putting it up. My dad works HARD! This was one of his only breaks for the whole weekend. Clayton has a new respect for him, I think.


Okay, this is only the second break! Colin loves him. He was outside basically all weekend long - finding worms, playing with his trains on the sides of the fence, etc.


Privacy - ahhhh! Children can't get out! This is a new concept. I still can't be outside without getting nervous when they go towards the alley. I guess that will wear off eventually.



This is the adorable little picnic table my dad made for Colin's birthday. He took half the measurements of the one he made at home (his house) that we used for years. Both Colin and Audrey love it.




This is a funny look on Audrey's face. She was just eating and I caught her. She's not mad.


I couldn't get a good picture of them both together. They were spitting their milk out and laughing. I love our yard!


Clayton and my dad worked well into the evening to get the gates completed. This is at dusk and they are still hard at work.






No comments: